• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bogwood won’t sink

I know I’m not the only person who’s had this problem in the past. I had this piece of bogwood in soak for over a month in a trug with a brick on it last year and it seemed pretty waterlogged but still wouldn’t sink. It’s all I’ve got now though for another tank so I’d like to use it if I can. I can’t really put anything heavy on top of it to hold it down in the tank. I’m wondering though if drilling some holes in it in places where it can’t be seen will help. Has anyone tried this?

6F8A2DE2-A5E6-412A-AF14-4A14B2B037FB.jpeg

That’s not a bad idea. :) Not sure I can get any slate at the moment though. I’ll have a look in the garden to see what I can find.

You can also try this technique from Jurijs mit JS
(I have an assortment of Eheim suction cups as I find they hold better than most - I usually screw them directly into the wood much as a Tropica wood decor plants)

I use plastic create and cable ties to hold wood down just drill where it's going to be under the soil and cable to.to the create
Screenshot_20200412-235128_Samsung Internet.jpg
also holds it.in place makes maintenance much easier as the wood or in my case the 4 peices are more stable

Thanks for that. I’ve got several options to try now. I have some spare suckers and cable ties and I also have a fairly heavy tile somewhere in the garden. Glad I asked the question as I wouldn’t have thought of it.

Another lil bonus is you save on a little soil and it give you a nice barrier if you want to use sand

Back