• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Boiling Water

johnny70

Does adding boiling water to my dry ferts mix have any adverse effects like rendering the ingredients useless?

Would boiled cool water be better?

Cheers
JOHNNY

Should be ok with the potassium nitrate, potassium phosphate and potassium sulphate but not with the trace mix. Use cold water for the traces.

James

Ok cheers James, I always have difficulty getting the GH Booster to mix :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so have been using hot water :oops:

Would using hot water be the reason for my trace(Garden Direct ones) not dissolving properly??

Cheers
JOHNNY

GH booster should be fine with hot water as it just contains different salts. It's the chelated traces that may cause problems. I find with cold water they dissolve straight away. Always best to add the powdered traces to the water rather than water to the traces.

James

johnny70 said:
Ok cheers James, I always have difficulty getting the GH Booster to mix :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so have been using hot water :oops:

Would using hot water be the reason for my trace(Garden Direct ones) not dissolving properly??

Cheers
JOHNNY

Again, thank you :) What I should have said is that even with boiling water the GH Booster doesn't really dissolve :? :? never thought to try with cold water.

Cheers
JOHNNY

johnny70 said:
Again, thank you :) What I should have said is that even with boiling water the GH Booster doesn't really dissolve :? :? never thought to try with cold water.

Cheers
JOHNNY

Hi,

are you possibly mixing the GH booster too strong/concentrated and reached the saturation point?

Best regards,

John

using 1/2 tsp per 500ml so I don't think so, no :D

JOHNNY

johnny70 said:
using 1/2 tsp per 500ml so I don't think so, no :D

JOHNNY

deffo, how odd.

When I mixed all my powders into a all in one solution most settled at the bottom too, I have a feed for an air line at the bottom of the bottle, and turned it on, two minutes later they were all mixed up!! :)

Back