• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bolbitis heudelotii - how would you use it...

JohnC

On a mountain in the Highlands of Scotland
Hi,

I have ordered in some (way too much) Bolbitis heudelotii but am having issues with placing it on my "tree" in my scape.

How would you use it?

I am torn between using a small amount, vertical and slightly angled or going full "bush" and tieing loads together into a kind of ball with bits sticking out in all directions.

DSCF2432.jpg

Is what i'm adding it too.

I think it might look best with just a few bits from the centre of the tree. I could remove the other plant bunches on the tree structure and just use Bolbitis. It is also a much bigger plant then i was expecting to get (it came fully grown) so i might only use the smaller branches.

In any case i've got like 10x more then i need i think.

Would it be fine to staple the stuff to the branches too? as tieing it on is prooving to be a massive PITA.

Best Regards,

John

I'm not sure on placement, have a play and see what looks best.

It's fine to staple - much easier than fiddling around with cotton.

If you do have any spare, I'm sure someone could put it to good use *wink wink* :p

Thomas McMillan said:

If you do have any spare, I'm sure someone could put it to good use *wink wink* :p

I do but i warn you it is BLOODY HUGE. Got any Lilaeopsis macloviana or anything similar? I'm about to stick a swap post in the trade forum. The big blyxa isnt quite what i'm looking for, for the taller grasses to the side and back.

hijac said:
Thomas McMillan said:

I do but i warn you it is BLOODY HUGE. Got any Lilaeopsis macloviana or anything similar? I'm about to stick a swap post in the trade forum. The big blyxa isnt quite what i'm looking for, for the taller grasses to the side and back.

Unfortunately not, but if you do want rid of any then PM me and I'll happily pay postage.

Back