• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bolivian rams breeding

Chris Tinker

looking for advice.

I am not actively looking to breed so not worried about the babies, just concerned the fish may get tired from defending their new territory and babies.

Woke up this morning to see a pit made, two bolivians spending time there, and now eggs hehe.

Just excited and dont want the fish to get tired and potentially die from this.

Attachments

• 20200829_162246.jpg
    20200829_162246.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 179
  • 20200829_162235.jpg
    20200829_162235.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 146
Hi all, Congratulations, what other fish are in the tank?

cheers Darrel
Excellent question i have 6 bolivian rams.

4 angel fish

6 rummy nose

6 fish i have forgotten the name off. They hide all day and sift the sand, kensi ...

300 litre tank.

A full tank shot would be helpful :)
Usually if breeding fish are unable to successfully defend their spawning site, they will just eat the eggs/wigglers, so it’s unlikely fish will exhaust themselves (though once actively breeding, fish will often continue spawning attempts so good quality food is recommended - conversely if you limit food, you may be able to discourage breeding attempts)

From the photo, it looks like a small spawn (or someone’s already managed to remove eggs)

6 fish i have forgotten the name off. They hide all day and sift the sand, kensi ...
Corydoras kanei? (re your journal)
https://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=483

Usually if breeding fish are unable to successfully defend their spawning site, they will just eat the eggs/wigglers, so it’s unlikely fish will exhaust themselves (though once actively breeding, fish will often continue spawning attempts so good quality food is recommended - conversely if you limit food, you may be able to discourage breeding attempts)

From the photo, it looks like a small spawn (or someone’s already managed to remove eggs)

Thats the one lol thank you for knowing my fish ;)

I will take a full tank shot.

They have done it in a small area undercover....:)

Full tank shot 2 weeks ago. Eggs are far bottom left next to sand so right down.
20200801_182005.jpg

Should i do water changes as normal? Tonight is the night i would do one...

Wellllllll

Seen eggs 3 times, stopped worrying about fish or not... but but but but loook!

Proud mummy and daddy..

So cute they suck up stray babies and put them back 😍

Attachments

• 20201009_175019.jpg
    20201009_175019.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
  • 20201009_175117.jpg
    20201009_175117.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 133
Back