• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What books are you reading?

Finished “The Dark Forest” last night and I’m very keen to get into the next.

Currently: Ten Keys to Reality - “popularized” advanced physics by Nobel laureate Frank Wilczek - (asymptotic freedom as it relates to the strong nuclear force ).

I wish any of this would help me make my plants look better! :)

Generally Recommended: How the World Really Works by Vaclav Smil.

More hardcore: The Theoretical Minimum by Leonard Susskind.

And when I am lost there is always - in no particular order - François Voltaire, Isaac Newton, Soren Kierkegaard, Richard Feynman, Jack Daniels, Blaise Pascal, the Bhagavad-Gita. Yes, and the Bible! And of others…

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Currently: Ten Keys to Reality - “popularized” advanced physics by Nobel laureate Frank Wilczek - (asymptotic freedom as it relates to the strong nuclear force ).

I wish any of this would help me make my plants look better! :)

Generally Recommended: How the World Really Works by Vaclav Smil.

More hardcore: The Theoretical Minimum by Leonard Susskind.

And when I am lost there is always - in no particular order - François Voltaire, Isaac Newton, Soren Kierkegaard, Richard Feynman, Jack Daniels, Blaise Pascal, the Bhagavad-Gita. Yes, and the Bible! And of others…

Cheers,
Michael

You must have no problems getting to sleep at night Michael! 😜

Was it good then, do you speak Chinese?

I’m really into sci-fi, hard sci fi more so. Dark first has been on my list for years but just haven’t had the time to get into it. It does assume the reader can grasp some higher physics concepts. But it’s excellent, but it’s a book that needs the series to support it (books 1/2/3/4) I prefer books to be complete stories personally.

It has been translated, so no problems there. I do know a bit of Chinese as when I was in halls I lived with 7 Chinese lasses.

That was a good year. Sounds saucier than I’d like, really they mothered me and I ate really good food. On the first week I undercooked chicken and I didn’t cook again for months. Also helped I was a messy student 😂

Really I know no Chinese but I don’t struggle with names 👍 And that helps with the dark forest

I'm currently diving into the magical realm of books, and one series that has completely captured my heart is the Harry Potter series.
If you haven't already, you should definitely check out the Harry Potter books in order. They've been my go-to for enchanting adventures and have brought so much joy to my reading journey.
Aside from Harry Potter, I'm also exploring various genres and authors, always on the lookout for new literary treasures. It's like embarking on a thrilling quest with each turn of the page!
What about you? Any beloved books or exciting reads you'd recommend?

Back