BorneoWild Driftwood XS

Aqua Essentials

Sponsor
Staff member

Aqua Essentials

Sponsor
Staff member
Superman said:
I guess the XS is more like twigs and it is £4.50 per twig?

Correct and only suitable for Nanos - I would recommend a min of 4 pieces. 1 piece on it's own would do nothing but 4 makes a nice impact.

If you're looking for long, dark wood pieces which look just like Amano uses, opt for the large pieces. Some are quite amazing and up to 24" in length.

Nick16

Superman said:
Just ordered some of these with some other bits, see what they look like.
Will add photos when they arrive.
yeah, awaiting those photo's. if you could place the piece next to a coke can or baked bean can so we can see the size. thanks. :)

jay

It goes really dark and brown/red under tank conditions!!! Was thinking of getting some of this but figured by the look of the dry stuff, it wouldn't go with my Large driftwood from local MA.
Reckon it would fit in nicely now.

aaronnorth

jay said:
It goes really dark and brown/red under tank conditions!!! Was thinking of getting some of this but figured by the look of the dry stuff, it wouldn't go with my Large driftwood from local MA.
Reckon it would fit in nicely now.

I expected it staying the lighter colour like on the site, i am not too bothered though

Superman

So the postie woke me up at 7am to drop off my latest order from AE.

Included in that was this XS driftwood so thought I'd take some photos to show you what my selection of woods looks like. My personal opinion would be that they look fantastic. Some are straight but I have two that are wavey (is that a word?!). They are really tiny and delicate so need to be a little careful when handling them. They're fantastic for a nano.

The only problem with me posting these photos is that people might order some and AE will run out! Next time I order something, I think I'll get some more selection to keep my options open.

I've put some pennies and a CD to show scale.

20090106004.jpg

20090106005.jpg

20090106006.jpg