• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

botia striata, aggressive or playful?

Vito

Hey everyone, my very shy Boita Striata has come out of hiding at last, probably because I feed frozen foods daily now... anyway he is the only one of his kind in there due two the other one dying, I do have 3 Pakistani Loach in there which he is forever chasing and I also see him chasing my rams too, would this be interpreted for aggressive of playful behavior? If its aggressive I wonder if introducing some more might chill him out but I don't want more in there if they are going to run riot! Let me know yours thoughts.

i've got three and have no problems with aggression.used to have four yoyos as well and they all swam around together in a posse :lol: .
.it may be aggression but it may be insecurity.they should be kept in groups though,as sam said.
it's a tricky decision to make.
goodluck

yeh, i agree that ot may be insecurity and he is trying to make friends :D

I have 2 as 3 have died over the years, and they have never ever been aggressive, but as there is 2, and im at my stocking limit, they always follow my corys and play with them.

The only thing they will ever be aggressive to is snails I think :) I used to have about 200, adding 5 botia striata, Im lucky to see one :D

Back