• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bottles for Hydor NRG system - any cheap option?

Animal Mother

I have the Hydor NRG CO2 system (the one without the gauges) and was wondering whether there was a cheap option or an adapter for the CO2 bottles.

I'll be using it in a 320l tank so the small bottles aren't financially viable. :thumbdown:

Humm on a 320 lt tank you really want to upsize things. I dont know of an adaptor for the NRG system that would allow you to switch to a fire extinguisher (FE), others might. So it may mean replacing the reg which would then allow you to use FE's which work out much more cost effective.

Sam :)

Simple answer: No. I had one and it lives in my spares box for that exact reason, even on a nano I used a bottle every 2 weeks. Hydor say it's not in anyway safe to use any other bottle with the regulator and I'd be inclined to agree.

I was given it for nothing so no loss. I'll use yeast until the new year when I can afford to get a welding CO2 system sorted.

Back