• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Bought a new Domain, but what to do with it?

Steve Smith

Member
Joined
19 Jul 2007
Messages
4,421
Location
Leamington Spa, UK.
Couldn't resist yesterday, I found that the domain aquascaped.net was available so I yoinked it for $10 :)

Currently pointed it at the UKAPS forums untill I decide what to do with it. I've not really got any aquascapes of my own to put on there. I thought about some sort of blog type affair, similar to AquaticEden maybe.

Any ideas what I could do with it?
 

a1Matt

Member
Joined
10 Mar 2008
Messages
2,497
Location
Bromley
Goodygumdrops said:
A UK aquatic auction site?Like Aquabid,or is that a bit ambitious?

Very ambitious. nice idea though, hopefully someone else might do this at some point.

The blog sounds like a good idea. Get an account over at blogspot or somewhere similar and point it to your domain. Instant web site :)
 

Dan Crawford

Founder
UKAPS Team
Joined
21 Jun 2007
Messages
3,265
Location
Daventry, Northants

a1Matt

Member
Joined
10 Mar 2008
Messages
2,497
Location
Bromley
Goodygumdrops said:
Cool,way to go till it reaches Aquabid proportions but good luck to them.Gulp at the plecs,hasn't someone on here got a load of those?

Did I read that right?.... £2,000 for 5 Zebra plecs. That is just plain crazy!

It is TDI that has a tankful of them :)
 

aaronnorth

Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
3,953
Location
worksop, nottinghamshire
a1Matt said:
Goodygumdrops said:
Cool,way to go till it reaches Aquabid proportions but good luck to them.Gulp at the plecs,hasn't someone on here got a load of those?

Did I read that right?.... £2,000 for 5 Zebra plecs. That is just plain crazy!

It is TDI that has a tankful of them :)

on ebay they was £1000 for 2, you would be the happiest fishkeeper in the world if they spawned :wideyed:
 

a1Matt

Member
Joined
10 Mar 2008
Messages
2,497
Location
Bromley
aaronnorth said:
a1Matt said:
Goodygumdrops said:
Cool,way to go till it reaches Aquabid proportions but good luck to them.Gulp at the plecs,hasn't someone on here got a load of those?

Did I read that right?.... £2,000 for 5 Zebra plecs. That is just plain crazy!

It is TDI that has a tankful of them :)

on ebay they was £1000 for 2, you would be the happiest fishkeeper in the world if they spawned :wideyed:

I'd be over the moon! ...and then how gutted if the spawn didn't survive doesn't bear thinking about :twisted:
 

a1Matt

Member
Joined
10 Mar 2008
Messages
2,497
Location
Bromley
getting back on topic ;) the blog idea sounds good...

It should be quite straightforward to get a blog account somewhere, customise it, and link your domain to it.

You can then ramble away to your hearts content. After a while of blogging you may spot recurring themes or something you want to expand on or highlight. The blog will content can then be used for any site you then develop out of this. Just an idea :)
 

Behold

Member
Joined
6 Aug 2008
Messages
219
Location
Basingstoke. Hants
He's not stupid. Pic with Tail Cut off for proof..... No forging that ....
 

Superman

Member
Joined
29 Jan 2008
Messages
1,804
Location
Cheltenham
How about turning it into a blog type place?

I've always fancied have a blog about my aquarium, but posting on the forum is a little bit too much as it really fills things up.

Creating a auction site would be fairly straight forward, but there's enough out there already.

Maybe it could be a place to source all products in one? Like a price comparison place for AE, TGM and others.

The problem with the net is that most things have already been thought of and done.

Maybe it could be a one stop shop of all information on everything with regards to aquascaping?
 

Goodygumdrops

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2008
Messages
278
Location
Falkirk,Scotland
Thing is though,and I know someone has already thought of it AND done it.But there's probably more action on the buy/sell/swap section on here than there is on the whole of that auction site.
 

TDI-line

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2007
Messages
1,535
Location
Yaxley, Peterborough
aaronnorth said:
a1Matt said:
Goodygumdrops said:
Cool,way to go till it reaches Aquabid proportions but good luck to them.Gulp at the plecs,hasn't someone on here got a load of those?

Did I read that right?.... £2,000 for 5 Zebra plecs. That is just plain crazy!

It is TDI that has a tankful of them :)

on ebay they was £1000 for 2, you would be the happiest fishkeeper in the world if they spawned :wideyed:

Still no spawning with mine, but it's only 10 months on, and they are probably just coming into young adulthood. :rolleyes:
 

Aeropars

Member
Joined
9 Jul 2007
Messages
792
Location
Leicester
The thing is an auction site would take some serious marketing and would need a lot of time to become sucessfull.

I dont see the point in a blog site because theres numerous forums where people would prefer to go unless you are some aquascaping guru with ground breaking discoveries.

Why not go for a tank showcase where people can upload pictures of their tanks... or perhaps a journal site?
 

Goodygumdrops

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2008
Messages
278
Location
Falkirk,Scotland
Aeropars said:
The thing is an auction site would take some serious marketing and would need a lot of time to become sucessfull.

I dont see the point in a blog site because theres numerous forums where people would prefer to go unless you are some aquascaping guru with ground breaking discoveries.

Why not go for a tank showcase where people can upload pictures of their tanks... or perhaps a journal site?

Get a cheap Mr Site package and you can also add on a little shop to sell your excess plants.Would be good for inexperienced (hell even experienced ones) to see the plants in action so to speak and be able to buy them too.You might be surprised,I have a little site that chugs along beside my shop doing reasonably well with no advertising at all.
 
Top