• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Boyu diffuser

AdAndrews

I have one of these cheapo £5 boyu in-line diffusers, but i have it at an angle, more or less horizontal, does this matter, should i be positioning it verticle. I have had problems with co2 being unstable, which brought on some algae, im just trying to narrow down whats causing it.

Adam

Having it on an angle shouldn't make any difference... my first thought was the filter may be underpowered as I found two EX700's on a 70 litre wasn't quite enough... I changed to 1 EX1200 which is a huge improvement even though it should be slightly less flow than the 2 700's.

Try putting your co2 on an hour earlier so the levels are more stable when lights come on...

AdAndrews said:
Ok, thanks... i already have my co2 coming on an hour before lights, shall i make it 2?

ps. rocks have come today :D although havnt had chance to get a peak at them yet becuase my mom isnt back from work with them.

thanks
Awesome :D

Yeah, two hours before sounds ok... could even go three hours if need be :thumbup:

ok i will try that then, and if that doesnt work, get a powerhead?? the koralia nano sounds like it will be a good idea.

just checked the flow while i was doing that, it seems to get clogged up really quickly, i think it must be the filter floss i put in it, as the flow was fast the day i cleaned it out and put some new floss in.

Try removing/replacing some media first, and give the pipes, etc. a good clean. Are you using a spraybar? May not look as pretty as glassware, but works a hell of a lot better imo :)

yea but my point is, if the floss is filthy again already i cant keep on cleaning the filter out every 3-4 days, once a week or fortnight isnt so bad,
I am using my tiny cal aqua glassware, which may also be the problem stopping flow, i havnt used my spraybar yet no, but will have a rumage and swap it over with the glassware to see what effect it has

Cheers

JamesM said:
Unless you really need it, I wouldn't bother with the fine floss stuff... I tend to run mine for 24 hours then bin it :thumbup:

oh, i presumed that everyone uses it, no worries then, im trying to fit the standart tetra pipes, the tank is too small though :lol:

Back