Boyu diffuser

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by AdAndrews, 4 Nov 2009.

1. AdAndrews

AdAndrews Member

I have one of these cheapo £5 boyu in-line diffusers, but i have it at an angle, more or less horizontal, does this matter, should i be positioning it verticle. I have had problems with co2 being unstable, which brought on some algae, im just trying to narrow down whats causing it.

Adam

2. JamesM

JamesM Member

Having it on an angle shouldn't make any difference... my first thought was the filter may be underpowered as I found two EX700's on a 70 litre wasn't quite enough... I changed to 1 EX1200 which is a huge improvement even though it should be slightly less flow than the 2 700's.

Try putting your co2 on an hour earlier so the levels are more stable when lights come on...

3. AdAndrews

AdAndrews Member

Ok, thanks... i already have my co2 coming on an hour before lights, shall i make it 2?

thanks

4. JamesM

JamesM Member

Awesome :D

Yeah, two hours before sounds ok... could even go three hours if need be :thumbup:

5. AdAndrews

AdAndrews Member

ok i will try that then, and if that doesnt work, get a powerhead?? the koralia nano sounds like it will be a good idea.

6. AdAndrews

AdAndrews Member

just checked the flow while i was doing that, it seems to get clogged up really quickly, i think it must be the filter floss i put in it, as the flow was fast the day i cleaned it out and put some new floss in.

7. JamesM

JamesM Member

Try removing/replacing some media first, and give the pipes, etc. a good clean. Are you using a spraybar? May not look as pretty as glassware, but works a hell of a lot better imo :)

8. AdAndrews

AdAndrews Member

yea but my point is, if the floss is filthy again already i cant keep on cleaning the filter out every 3-4 days, once a week or fortnight isnt so bad,
    I am using my tiny cal aqua glassware, which may also be the problem stopping flow, i havnt used my spraybar yet no, but will have a rumage and swap it over with the glassware to see what effect it has

Cheers

9. JamesM

JamesM Member

Unless you really need it, I wouldn't bother with the fine floss stuff... I tend to run mine for 24 hours then bin it :thumbup:

10. AdAndrews

AdAndrews Member

oh, i presumed that everyone uses it, no worries then, im trying to fit the standart tetra pipes, the tank is too small though :lol:

11. AdAndrews

AdAndrews Member

change of plan with the tetra pipes, they simply wont fit, i will take the floss out and get a powerhead, that should do it

12. JamesM

JamesM Member

Sounds like a plan :thumbup: