• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

boyu light

Looks like a bargain at £25,
The centre light is blue by the look of it, assuming you cant independently switch the bulbs I would replace that for a white one.
I wonder what colour temp the other bulbs are?
I have got one 6500k & two 8800k over my tank & I like the effect!

Ive got one of these. All three supplied bulbs were 'white' when I got it although I replaced them all for these anyway.

http://www.lampspecs.co.uk/Light-Bulbs- ... aylight-54

Its a nice light for the money. It has two switches so you can have, 1,2 or 3 bulbs on.

Don't forget that although these are T5 bulbs there aren't high output T5's so are more equivalent to T8's in terms of intensity of light produced.

Sam

Hi all,
I've got a 3 x 8W Boyu unit almost 3 years ago (from Ebay in HK) and it has been excellent, mine came with 2 x 6500K and 1 x 20,000K? actinic tubes, independently switchable. I used it with the actinic tube in for a year and when that blew swapped it for the 6500K "lampspec" ones mentioned. Only thing I don't like are the sliding legs, they are a bit flimsy and mine crazed fairly quickly.

I don't know why some-one doesn't import a container of these and sell them in the UK, I assume it must be a licensing issue or similar. I bought another one for a little plant propagation case, and they are excellent for that as well.

Has an-one got the larger unit(s)? I'd be interested in a review of it.

cheers Darrel

Back