• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Brace problems

Kevin2016

Hi all,

I’ve got an Aqualantis Fusion 100 aquarium, 100x40x60 cm.

there is a glass brace between the front and back, the silicone/sealing of this brace came off.

So I placed it back and used a clamp. Because there are plants and fishes in it, is it possible to put some water back into the aquarium and leave the clamp there. After a few days, remove some water, remove the clamp and then refill the tank again?

Kevin

I would drop the water, cut the brace off with scalpel blade, clean the glass, silicone up fitting the glass brace back then brace carefully when brace is back in position, then refill tank, then wait a few days/week before removing brace or remove brace at next water change

I would drop the water, cut the brace off with scalpel blade, clean the glass, silicone up fitting the glass brace back then brace carefully when brace is back in position, then refill tank, then wait a few days/week before removing brace or remove brace at next water change

alright, did the right thing :).

I filled 1/3 of the water so the filter can do its job.
I will leave the clamp and remove it at the next water change.

Back