• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Brackets for luminaires

Ejack

Hey guys

I was wondering if anyone know if its possible to buy adjustable brackets seperatley for luminaires.
I own a 3x24w T5 luminaire (60cm) purchased from "eqj-trading" off eBay but the standard brackets are just too narrow to sit comfortably over the rim on my tank and I'm forever worried that it will fall of the tank, even worse into it :p

thanks

im in the same boat as you with an eqj light as the supplied brackets look a little crap whereas the light is really good. I got some free hanging cables with it so would like to get a hanging bar to attach to the back of the tank eventually. not sure where to get these though?

Aquariums Ltd will make you a wicked brace, i have one for our four footer. It's stainless steel box section which runs up one side of the cabinet and tank, over the top then back down the other side. Just screw it to the sides of your cabinet and voila! Suspend your luminaire from said brace :D

Yeah nice one Dan,

I too shall go have a look :) Hope there not too expensive

LondonDragon said:
ejq do make a nicer bracket for their luminaires, but always best to order at the same time as the luminaire as the postage cost is a killer!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brackets-for-Real ... 240%3A1318

They wont fit according to the manufacturer, I got an email from them yesterday stating that the only ones they do for that specific light, are the ones that come with it :(

Ejack said:
They wont fit according to the manufacturer, I got an email from them yesterday stating that the only ones they do for that specific light, are the ones that come with it :(

If you can't get anything from Aquariums Ltd , these guys sell the arms for the tanks and ship to the UK, email them for postage quote: http://naturalaquario.com/products.php?id=3 the number after "Arm Sun" is the widith in cm, these are very high quality arms.

Thanks Paulo, I'll have a look :)

Those look pretty good Steve! I've always had this issue, as we rent so we can't drill into the walls / ceiling to hang a lighting unit, and that might be just the solution

Joecoral said:
Those look pretty good Steve! I've always had this issue, as we rent so we can't drill into the walls / ceiling to hang a lighting unit, and that might be just the solution

I'm in the same boat mate. Be warned, I went to buy one of those and they slapped on about £22 in shipping fees... Still, £35 vs £50...

I think I'm going to get a quote from Aquariums limited at some point.

I'm gonna make something from stainless box for my EQI Trading T5 luminaire - watch this space!

I'd be happy to make them for others too - very simple!

Back