• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Brandis Edge (Flamingo)

beautiful fish ian and lovely scape what fish are they if you don't mind love the colour of them

Dean

This is a stunning fish, especially when the males flare. They have real tiny mouths, so if you want to give them a treat newly hatched brine shrimp is the thing to do.

Thomas

Or banana worms . easier to culture and reproduce by the hundreds daily.

I think youve picked the right fish for this scape mate. I really like threadfins.

Interesting, thanks, definitely expanded my knowledge.

But why "ironic"? And why "edge"?

Thomas

Yes, alstair is correct, Brandis is known as the god father of chopping trees down. The edge refers to the sand steadily leading up to a tree stump. Maybe on a beach or maybe deforestation. I don't normally get so deep! Lol
The ironic bit is, most of us are big fans of nature, and like what nature offers us. Most of us don't like the extensive deforestation happening in most parts where our fish we keep originate from.

Thanks for the explanation. You had to dig deep there :). But I like the idea of a tank with a bit of philosophy behind it. The tank, luckily, does not make me think of deforestation. There is a difference between chopping down trees for economic gain (deforestation) and aesthetic/botanical purposes (Brandis).

Thomas

There is it's a pity the governments around the world followed Brandis way of thinking.

Check this video...illegal gold mining in Peru.

This looks so good :) is that a resin trunk or real ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks Sam!

It's real wood, made up of 2 bits
These bits...
zfwwDtb.jpg

A bit of sawing was involved as well.

That's good stuff :) , was it screwed or glued together ??
I'm doing a 50x25x25 soon so I'm on the look
Out for ideas :) ,
Have you got other tanks running at the moment or just this ??
Cheers

That's good stuff :) , was it screwed or glued together ??
I'm doing a 50x25x25 soon so I'm on the look
Out for ideas :) ,
Have you got other tanks running at the moment or just this ??
Cheers

Cheers Sam, these are just held together with cladafora, and dug into the substrate, so there's no moment.

And yes this is the only tank I have going at the moment.

Daily maintainence...both the kids are picked off to school, so I took the opportunity to get some pics. I'm still doing 50% water changes, in the morning before lights come on.

The gear
10051362406_7aed93a827_c.jpg
image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

50% removed
10051362456_90a7814efd_c.jpg

And probs the best glassware I have every bought! Finally managed to get a 17mm nano inlet. Very very good quality...from Aquairum plant food uk
10051362726_1da85cd55f_c.jpg

Also a bit of HC floated when I was doing my maintenance, I was that stressed I had to do some one arm press ups, to get the endorphins going....

JtQ9a6V.jpg

I think there's a market for exercise and aquascaping ; )

Thank you Gary, I actually enjoy these first few weeks of nurchering a tank.

Back