Breeding rasbora harlequins?

Discussion in 'Fish' started by mattyc, 19 Aug 2009.

1. mattyc

mattyc Member

has anyone managed to breed these fish, i have a small shoal of these fish in my tank and would like some babies!!! (will keep the mrs entertained :lol: ) would you mind passing on any advice on how and the conditions that are needed to breed this fish. the shrimp in the tank are like rabbits might have to sell some of them soon!!

Thanks Matt

2. Nick16

Nick16 Member

3. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

Further to that article they need soft water and some broad leaved plants as they spawn underneath the leaves. I'm sure I remember an article in PFK where the author had had success only with older males and younger females!

I'd soften the water, up the amount of frozen and/or live food you feed them (I find artemia excellent for conditioning parent fish as well as feeding babies on) and keep your fingers crossed!

4. mattyc

mattyc Member

my water is quite soft and acidic, will feed them some live food when i get time to go to the shop and pick some up. Thanks for your help. :D :) :D

i will play them some music to get them in the mood!!! bit of Barry White will do the job!! :lol:

Matt