• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Brilliant Forum

Mattant1984

Hi all, I've been on this forum for a few months and it's brilliant!! There are some extremely knowledgeable people on here and even though I've kept fish of about 18 years I've never really got into plants.

It's a steep learning curve for sure but been made easier with the help of UKAPS.

Would like to say thanks to @dw1305 @Zeus. @KirstyF @MichaelJ @John q @Hanuman
@GHNelson and many others who have been so helpfull answering my questions 😁😁😁😁😁😁

Hi all,
........... @Zeus. @KirstyF @MichaelJ @John q @Hanuman @GHNelson and many others who have been so helpfull answering my questions
A community is only as good as its members, one of our advantages is that we have member who have a lot of different interests, we have aquascapers, but we also have low tech. tank keepers, people with hard water tanks, people with soft water tanks, people who know about ponds, people who know the scientific aspects of lighting, people who have kept tanks for a long time etc.
and even though I've kept fish of about 18 years I've never really got into plants.
That is one of my reasons for posting on UKAPS.

I really want people to keep planted tanks, <"because plants"> make <"fish-keeping a lot easier and more enjoyable"> and if it is less stressful for the fish? It is less stressful for the owner and a lot of our problems <"just go away"> and we forget that they ever were problems.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
I wholeheartedly agree :) The breadth of knowledge here, and the willingness to share it, is beyond amazing. I particularly appreciate the willingness to "dumb down" complicated scientific things for folk like me who just can't get their heads around chemistry as well as the discussion (which I can usually barely follow) between those who do understand it. The distinct lack of arguing is a refreshing change from Facebook, too!

The ethos of the forum is to be friendly and helpful and bullies are not tolerated, we all share a common interest and sharing knowledge benefits us all and the hobby.

There's no such thing as a stupid/silly question, just a stupid/silly person who fails to ask for clarification in my book ;)

Hi all,
we all share a common interest and sharing knowledge benefits us all and the hobby.
That is it, if people can see that planted tanks make fish-keeping easier they can then spread the word.

The way I look at is, at the moment house-plants are a really big thing amongst younger people, but aquariums probably aren't. If we can convert small proportion of those house plant keepers into successful planted aquarium keepers then that is to everybodies advantage.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Back