• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Broken Diffuser

billy boy

just managed to brake my diffuser :eek: can anyone suggest anything i can use until i can get a replacement, tried a old air stone and a Ehiem Adjustable Air Stone i had lying about with no success, any ideas? thanks

What would be the best way to do this? my filter is a fluval 405 would be able to put the co2 pipe beside the intake pipe and would it take it in from there? thanks

Thanks for your help :D i've put a l shaped air line connector in between the bars on the intake strainer and zip tied it in place and it seems to be working a treat have to patiently watch the drop checker now, thanks again :D

Haveing plumbed my co2 through my filter intake it took 6 hours to put the drop checker to green at 2 bps, is this to long? would i be better leaveing the co2 on 24 hours until i get my new diffuser? as i have it comeing on 2 hours before the lights come on and of 1 hour before the lights go off,

thanks billy boy

Thanks for all your help :? problem now solved, i'll shall now only post more technical problems from now on, i may get more answers then :lol:

billy boy said:
Thanks for all your help :? problem now solved, i'll shall now only post more technical problems from now on, i may get more answers then :lol:
Sorry, it obviously got missed (maybe everyone's been running around getting ready for the Festival of Fishkeeping ;) )

The drop checker is often a few hours behind the tank, how far behind depends on all sorts of factors including how much liquid is in your drop checker and the surface areas of the tank water and the check water in the drop checker.

In this sort of scenario you could switch to 24 hours just to be sure but you then need to keep an eye on your fish. It may be that it took 6 hours to reach green because you were doing the test with the lights on so the plants were taking it out almost as fast as you were putting it in!

My best guess would have been to run it as it was for 24 hours and see if the drop checker showed green when the lights switched on and stayed green throughout the day. If it didn't then you consider changing to 24 hour CO2.

Remember the rule of thumb... nothing good happens quickly in an aquarium! (the exception being a water change!)

Back