• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bubble counter fluid

Deano3

Hi everyone hope you are all well, just a quick one, i usuall put water in my bubble counter but been hearing more and more lately about oil so it doesnt all disappear into the hose.

In georges lastest video about his discus tank he says he put in mct oil (i have a bottle in house)

Wondering if would cause any issues and if anyone else does this.

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Wonder of mct oil would work and not caise any harm as co2 only passing through it, also would it stay in the bubble counter.

Dean

Wonder of mct oil would work and not caise any harm as co2 only passing through it, also would it stay in the bubble counter.

Dean

Shouldn't be harmful to livestock if it found its way into the tank, but it may well clog your diffuser if any managed to get into the tubing, and I'm not sure how you'd go about removing it if it did. At least with the glyercine being water soluble you should be able to remove it rinsing with warm water.

I used water but have just let it evaporate and rely on the colour of my drop checker in the tank now

I used water but have just let it evaporate and rely on the colour of my drop checker in the tank now
Same as that really, i hate getting caught up in the bubble couter paranoia. I haven't filled up my counter since i set up my tank, living on the edge seeing as i just use the regulator PSI, even had no drop checker in the tank for a while when i ran out of fluid.

I just get the drop checker lime green now at lights on, i use to use more CO2 but i think now that my gourami and male ram are much bigger the CO2 is effecting them more.

Dreading a battle with algae 🤔

I use glyercine. It's water soluble so it's easy to clean if necessary (which hasn't been needed so far).
Does it stay in the bubble counter so hopefully will last for a long time ?is it just the one you can buy in asda etc dr oetker for cakes haha.

Dean

Back