Bubble counter. Is it fixed on correctly?

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by jaycat, 24 Jan 2009.

1. jaycat

jaycat Member

Hi,

we bought this co2 unit second hand and are just starting to set it up now,(having replaced the brace!)
    The questions we have is, for the bubble counter to be upright, the dials are on their side?!If we twist it round then the counter is on it's side! Has this been put together wrong by the first owner? If so how do we change it, is it a case of unscrewing something?

P1240109.jpg

Then do we fill the counter up with tap water? Again do we unscrew the top?
    That's it for now :)

Many thanks J

2. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

You've set it up correctly. The bubble counter needs to be upright like that. I have one of these with two bubble counters on it and really like them, however some people have found the bubble counter leaks and don't like them. I put some PTFE tape on the threads of the top and bottom of the bubble counter when reassembling it to prevent this.

To fill it up I would use tap water or RO water if you have it. I simply take the CO2 tubing off the top and squirt water in using a pipette.

3. jaycat

jaycat Member

Hi Ed, many thanks, Jackie

4. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

That is how mine is set up too.

5. StevenA

StevenA Member

I've just bought one of those too, and was just wondering how you are getting on with it, any problems or working ok?

6. StevenA

StevenA Member

Any news?

7. Simon D

Simon D Member

I've got the same set-up and got rid of the provided bubble counter and used an in-line version with check valve. Something like this:
    CE-BC04-04.jpg

This enabled me to have the valve dials vertical. The CO2 tube fits straight onto the reg and have the b/c and c/v mounted on the side of the tank in full veiw so i can see what is going in/on without having to open the cabinet doors constantly.

Hope this helps!

8. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

is that your tank sumthinfishy?

9. Simon D

Simon D Member

No, it's aquaticmagic's stock photo. I have the b/c and c/v the other way round on mine.

Why do you ask?