• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bubble counter. Is it fixed on correctly?

jaycat

Hi,

we bought this co2 unit second hand and are just starting to set it up now,(having replaced the brace!)
The questions we have is, for the bubble counter to be upright, the dials are on their side?!If we twist it round then the counter is on it's side! Has this been put together wrong by the first owner? If so how do we change it, is it a case of unscrewing something?

P1240109.jpg

Then do we fill the counter up with tap water? Again do we unscrew the top?
That's it for now :)

Many thanks J

You've set it up correctly. The bubble counter needs to be upright like that. I have one of these with two bubble counters on it and really like them, however some people have found the bubble counter leaks and don't like them. I put some PTFE tape on the threads of the top and bottom of the bubble counter when reassembling it to prevent this.

To fill it up I would use tap water or RO water if you have it. I simply take the CO2 tubing off the top and squirt water in using a pipette.

I've got the same set-up and got rid of the provided bubble counter and used an in-line version with check valve. Something like this:
CE-BC04-04.jpg

This enabled me to have the valve dials vertical. The CO2 tube fits straight onto the reg and have the b/c and c/v mounted on the side of the tank in full veiw so i can see what is going in/on without having to open the cabinet doors constantly.

Hope this helps!

saintly said:
is that your tank sumthinfishy?

No, it's aquaticmagic's stock photo. I have the b/c and c/v the other way round on mine.

Why do you ask?

Back