• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bubble Counter Question

tennis4you

Is there a reason my bubble counter would have more water in it when it is off or early in the day and then the water level drops throughout the day to the point where I cannot see how many bubbles per second are coming out?

Thanks!

Sorry can't help with your query but I thought I'd just tag this onto this thread:

Any Ideas on how to release CO2 tubing from BC to top up water level. I find that mine is such a tight fit that I've actually broken one BC trying to release it. I've had to heat the tubing to make it supple enough to get it on. I've tried reversing this process but without luck.

How about vaseline or similar on joints? Anyone else experienced or overcome this prob?

to remove any hose it can require patience and just pushing a little bit with your fingernails, a little all the way round and continue moving all the way round until it comes off. If it really is impossible then buy more than you need. Use more than enough length and when you reuire to move it use a stanley knife to slice from the join into wards the glass/metal connector so that the hose isn't a continuous seal anymore.

Then when the hose is too short, get a fresh length.

You shouldn't really need to be removing CO2 hose that often. A couple of times a year at most.

AC

AC

Does it mean anything when it needs topped off so early? Like I mentioned though, once the CO2 turns off, it slowly fills back up. By the end of the day the water level will be too low to read again.

SuperColey1 said:
to remove any hose it can require patience and just pushing a little bit with your fingernails, a little all the way round and continue moving all the way round until it comes off. If it really is impossible then buy more than you need. Use more than enough length and when you reuire to move it use a stanley knife to slice from the join into wards the glass/metal connector so that the hose isn't a continuous seal anymore.

Then when the hose is too short, get a fresh length.

You shouldn't really need to be removing CO2 hose that often. A couple of times a year at most.

AC

AC

Thanks Andy,

I did resort to this in the end and you're right I only loose about 1/4 inch at a time.

BTW I was only removing hosing so that I could reverse BC/CV configuration that I followed from aquaticmagic website picture as shown below, I was not experiencing any problem with water levels in BC as I alluded to earlier in this post
CE-BC04-04.jpg

I was just thinking that maybe someone has used a lube to make easier release/refixing of tubing!

Tennis the way you are saying that it is out of water during the day and full again by night would imply there is some sort of expulsion/suction going on. I've never experienced this so I wouldn't like to hazard a guess at a cause!!

AC

Should I have a backflow preventer from the bubble counter to the diffuser?

That would not help as it would still let the bubble counter empty but then not let anything back so you would have to fill it up each day!!!

AC

Back