• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

bubble counter

tyke_uk

im in the process of setting my first planted tank ive just got the various parts for a pressurised co2 system ive have just a simple question on my regulator there is a bubble counter could anyone please tell what solution do i put in this sorry if its a stupid question but i havent a clue and if you dont ask ......

Just water ;) although this is pretty much useless really, I have one in my tank and its now empty as I use a drop checker to monitor CO2 levels and so should everyone else ;)

what threw me really was,there is a short video on youtube on setting up a pressurised system and they used "bubble counting solution" if they had just said water i wouldnt have needed to post many thanks. :)

tyke_uk said:
what threw me really was,there is a short video on youtube on setting up a pressurised system and they used "bubble counting solution" if they had just said water i wouldnt have needed to post many thanks. :)
maybe you can sell 100ml bottles of the "solution" on ebay haha

tyke_uk said:

Hi tyke,

That's what UKAPS is here for! Don't feel embarassed about asking any question, most people on here love answering the easy ones anyway (or is that just me?) I know, I've asked many easy questions with obvious answers and then thought: daaawww but they love answering them!

As LD says just simple tap water is sufficient, I don't know why but I always use purified water, or distilled if I can find it. I bought the purified from the chemist (5ltrs £3.50) for mixing dry ferts to a liquid, I asked for distilled and they said purified was the same! I said it would only be the same if purification was acheived by distillation she just looked at me blankly so I took it and said thanks. That aside, tap water will do in a bubble counter but not in a drop checker!

Back