• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

bubble rate has dropped?

aaronnorth

Hi,

the water level in my bubble counter had dropped to about 0.5cm above the nozzle where the gas/ bubbles are released and the bubbles were not coming out as fast as they usually do (normal = 3BPS but they were only at 1BPS) so i decided to top it up, but then i noticed that the bubbles started to come out fast again!

Any ideas why?

thanks

I've had the same with the water disappearing and although not sure I put it down to a bit of evaporation due to the bubble counter being mounted on the solenoid. When I tweaked the rate (only to get more CO2 in) I ended up with an empty bottle the next day so I suspect some form of leak somewhere and perhaps the evaporation was out of the bubble counter. I've removed the bubble counter now and use the bubble rate through the diffuser as a ready reckoner to see that I am moving the needle valve in the right direction when needed.

Back