• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Buce flowering.

Jaseon

I planted this Buce awhile back out of water as i know they grow like that in the wild. It send out flowering stems, and was surprised to see if flowering. No plant help really aprt from the tips of the leaves turning brown. I thought maybe because the roots are constricted?

IMG_20210924_181309030.jpg

Hi all,
No plant help really aprt from the tips of the leaves turning brown. I thought maybe because the roots are constricted?
I think it is probably they were a bit dry, possibly just after they were planted.

It happens when the plant loses water from the stomata in the leaf tip and edges more quickly than it can be replenished by the plants internal plumbing.

Low humidity is often the issue.

Cheers Darrel

Ah right yeah.

My systems not enclosed so no humidity to speak of. I do spray the leaves each day, and its close to running water, but obviously not ideal.

Hi all,
My systems not enclosed so no humidity to speak of.
You may find that you have more of a problem in the winter, when humidity tends to be lower in centrally heated houses. The problem is that even though the cold air coming in from outside is fully saturated with water vapour relative <"humidity is temperature dependent"> and warm air can hold a lot more water than cold air.
..... Saturated air at 10 °C holds about 10 grams per cubic metre (g/m3) of moisture; at 20 °C about 17 g/m3 and at 30 °C more than 30 g/m3. Put simply, the relative humidity is a measure of the percentage saturation of the air.......
The <"lower the relative humidity"> the quicker that water is sucked out of the plant tissue.

cheers Darrel

Back