• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bucephalandra: Crisis

I understand the caution, with regard to shrimp I would remove one individual from the tank and put it in a glass or container as a test subject with some of the tanks water to a known volume so that you can dose according to 1ml per 10L and then observe the response over 24hrs or so, you can run the experiment longer and increase the dosage. If I had doubts this is what I would do.

On a purely logical basis this is very sound advice (perfect scientific method), however, my few remaining shrimp deserve better. I just can't do it. On a more practical note they are impossible to catch!

Hi all
Started dosing the Rhizotonic today at 1ml per 10l of tank volume.Started with my shrimp tank and after few hours without ill effects dosed rest of the tanks.Shrimp are well .Eating and active without any signs of distress doing their normal thing .
Will do the same dose every other day for the next 7 days.If all is good will dose every day same dose for a month in shrimp tank with possible up on dises in other tanks.Have a bunch of new stressed plants(comming from CO2 enriched tank) to use as canary in my Brichardi tank too atm.
So first week
Tank 1-shrimp tank 22l will get 8ml split in 4 doses.
Tank 2-Brichardi colony 125l will get 40ml split in 4 doses
Tank 3-Puffer tank- 72l will get 24ml split in 4 doses
All fish and shrimps are in good nick and behaving normally apart from my puffers but I did trim their teeth today so they are quite mad with me atm.lol

Regards Konsa

I followed Konsa and dosed Rhizotonic at 1ml. The plants and livestock seem fine.

The potted Buce seems to be doing well, however, the in vitro plantlets melted again. At this point I think it's time to give up on the in vitro plants. Enough money down the drain.

I wonder, however, if anyone on the forum has managed to grow Bucephalandra Deep Purple from Tissue Culture? It's marked as an easy.

Not deep purple but I've managed both mini needle leaf and brain-rot from in vitro in high tech

Just got some deep purple in pot form and it's adapted fine in low tech

Hi
I was thinking to get a pot of it to try it tbh
Just need to find what else to get to justify the postage cost
Did U try floating some of it?

Regards Konsa

Hi

Regards Konsa

Where you buying from @Konsa? I'm going to put an order into Aquasabi this week, they have a good selection

Hi

Regards Konsa

I tried to float it, however, it tended to sink. I left some in the pot with the gel, however, this rapidly became moldy. The other clumps I planted in the tank (just the roots not the Rhizome) or placed it in the rock.

Hi
Sorry forgot to clarify .I am thinking of the tissue culture from Aquarium gardens when back in stock.I have small 22l shrimp tank that seems to grow bucephalandras well.So will put it in that to see if will make it as Im low tech all the way atm.
Regards Konsa

Not deep purple but I've managed both mini needle leaf and brain-rot from in vitro in high tech

Just got some deep purple in pot form and it's adapted fine in low tech

So there is hope! It was added to a high tech tank with TCM complete. The rest of the plants are performing well.

Bucephalandra Deep Purple
Hi
Sorry forgot to clarify .I am thinking of the tissue culture from Aquarium gardens when back in stock.I have small 22l shrimp tank that seems to grow bucephalandras well.So will put it in that to see if will make it as Im low tech all the way atm.
Regards Konsa

Worth phoning them as Steven mentioned that they had stock that wasn't on the web. He had two other pots on the 30th.

Back