• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Building your own tank - how do you do it?

aaronnorth

I am wanting to DIY a tank - 30" x 15" x 15"

It is in fact for a mississippi map turtle and it only needs to be filled a third of the way so will the silicone be strong enough or will it need a brace? I am a bit wary of this :?

where do you get glass from? and how much are glass cutters (decent but cheap).

Can you reccomend any guides?

I think that it is Matt who has a bit of expertise in this area? anyway all help is appreciated

Aaron.

aaronnorth said:
I think that it is Matt who has a bit of expertise in this area? anyway all help is appreciated
Yep, Matt will be able to give you some tips, but probably better just to buy the glass cut to size and then just put it together yourself ;)

why not just get one made, under £40 for a tank that size, I bought one a few months back from Wharf Aquatics. no messing about worrying if it will hold

JOHNNY

A couple of months ago at Wharf Richard was saying they were stopping making tanks. I think they're still doing them to order but not planning to do any on site any more. Of course that may have changed as it was a few months ago.

was talking to Richard yesterday, they have got rid of the unit where they made and are only doing a small amount of tanks until they finish the fishroom. looks great even though they are only 50% done :D

JOHNNY

Back