• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Butterflies

teg1203

One thing about the miserable summer we are having is that when the sun does come out everything goes beserk. Below is a peacock butterfly perched on a bloom of white lilac in my garden. Picture taken using 2meg fuji finepix - used fill-in flash - low tech photography in this day & age but I like it. The honeybee and bumble bee are just props. :lol:

butterfly2.jpg

Same bloom with Peacock and Red Admiral.

butterly1.jpg

I really like the first one though something tells me it might have been even better if you'd still got the tip of the budliea in the picture. The contrast between the wings and the flower looks really good :)

Egmel said:
I really like the first one though something tells me it might have been even better if you'd still got the tip of the budliea in the picture. The contrast between the wings and the flower looks really good :)

Is it definitely a buddleia then - I was a bit confused because of the leaf shape which seemed too large for a buddleia, however the yellow centers to the flowers make me agree (having done a little more research). :oops:

Thanks for the feedback one and all. :D

teg1203 said:
Is it definitely a buddleia then - I was a bit confused because of the leaf shape which seemed too large for a buddleia, however the yellow centers to the flowers make me agree (having done a little more research). :oops:
Couldn't see the leaves, was going entirely on the flower! :lol:

Back