• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Buy cheap fish online

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
As anyone every purchased any fish from these guys???

http://www.cheapfish.co.uk/tropical.htm

They also sell on ebay under the seller name: cheapfishwebsite

Very good prices in there! Might be worth a shot.

It would be interesting to see whether anybody has actually used this place.

I wondered at the bright blue, green and purple parrot cichlids which aren't dyed (can selective breeding and feeding produce those colours really?). I also noticed that the fish names seem rather broad - I always wonder that if a site hasn't taken this time to properly name a fish whether they have taken the same time to identify it, although I do appreciate that they will sell what they are given by their supplier.

I will never buy a fish online again.
We set up our tank and when the time came to stock it none of the local LFS's had the figure 8 puffer that my girlfriend wanted. we found a fish supplier online and ordered the puffer and a few other fish as well. Every single one of them was dead on arrival!!

They were packed into the box the night before transit and the heat packs had not been activated. They said that they would replace the dead fish but i would have to pay another £30 P&P (we can only receive deliveries on saturdays). Obviously I refused and asked for a refund because I didn't want to have to pay the extra P&P with no guarnatees that they would turn up alive the next time.

We have not received a penny and every phone call/email has been ignored!

There are some great online retailers who will carefully package and send fish so please don't take that all will cause these problems. I think the key to some of your problems at least may be the fact that you get what you pay for! Go with a quality online supplier and you'll find the situation very different I imagine.

Not all online fish sellers are bad. I bought 15 amano shrimp from Zoostock about a week ago. They arrived very healthy and happy, and touch wood are still going strong in my aquarium. There was also a little rasbora espei that must have gotten in there accidentally, and this too is still healthy and well in my aquarium, even if he is a bit lonely. lol.

As to cheapfish, their name alone puts me right off. Wouldn't need to get puffers online though, they are one of the few things my LFS has plenty of, including figure 8s and dwarf ones. lol.

Ade

Back