• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Buyer Beware

I’ve been buying stuff ever since I went online in 1997 and luckily never had any problems until recently. I decided to get some more moss for my Nano and buying a single pot online isn’t economical due to the postage. I had a look at eBay and saw a seller offering what they described as “In Vitro” moss in several varieties and nicely displayed in little dishes. They also cleverly had some small green “Easy” symbols not unlike those used by some commercial suppliers. Price was reasonable at £3.99. I fully admit to not reading the whole description so was more than surprised when I received a tiny zip lock bag with about 50p worth of trimmings from someone’s Aquarium. My fault, I should have read the whole description but in my defence I believe the whole page was laid out to catch the unwary. Lesson learned, don’t buy plants on eBay!

To end on a good note I popped into Pets at home and although they only had the one variety of moss I got a pot of some very nice Tropica Taxiphyllum for £4.50 which is looking very nice.

Maybe, but I’ve bought loads of stuff on there before and not had any problems. I just need to be a bit more wary I guess.

Having said all that I got some plants from a LFS some years back and I’m sure it was the source of the Planaria that infested my tank. I think I’ll be sticking to Tropica stuff in future.

One of them ain’t it, I’ve done it before and not read and got done over but it’s a learning curve

Back