• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Buying Plant Q - Yet again, but this time it's on the cheap

aquaticmaniac

I know there are quite a few threads about where to buy plants online, but I'm looking for the best place to be economical :rolleyes:

I've stumbled across java-plants.com, and found their package deals. Like the 24" tropical pack that you get 60 plants for 5 quid. Their shipping is cheap too, and they have good reviews on their site, but it sounds too good to be true. Can anyone vouch for this company's quality, and what kind of quantities are they sold in? E.g., what do you really get for "5 plants"? 5 bunches, 5 stems, etc?

I'd also like suggestions on other places to find cheap aquarium plants. Nothing special really, I'm so desperate to jump back in the hobby I'd be happy with ferns and moss :) Java-plants seems like the best deal so far. Experience? Thoughts and suggestions?

EDIT: Sorry, wrong subforum.

I'm pretty sure you'd just get 5 stems. I've ordered from Java-plants too, many years (8+) ago from an Ad they had in PFK. Wasn't a happy bunny at the time if I remember rightly, although things may have changed.

Well crap. Thanks, James. I had thought it might just be 5 stems, but in some of the stock photos they show bunches, or no photos at all. I suppose it's still worth a fiver though for 60 stems. Maybe I'll just wait and buy from an individual...hmm. Thanks, I'll keep looking :)

Back