• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Buying Tropica plants online

EA James

Morning all
Can someone recommend a site for me to source some Tropica plants from, Preferably a trusted one with good stock as i'm going to be re-scaping soon
Cheers

Don’t get too bogged down with just Tropica plants. Other growers are very good and for certain plants are often better than Tropica.

A shop like AG will select the best grower for that type of plant from half a dozen growers, be it Tropica, Aqua Flora etc (and it changes through the the seasons).

ps. Imo Tropica are the gold standard for tissue culture plants.

Last edited:
@Steve Buce great, thank you

@Siege i just thought it might be easier as i'm going all easy plants and i like the layout of their site. And obviously they're good!

A shop like AG will select the best grower for that type of plant from half a dozen growers
That's interesting, almost like a search engine! I didn't know about this, Is AG an abbreviation or is that the name?
I'm only a year into planted tanks, first lot of plants i got from World of Mosses that i saw on Facebook and apart from the odd one i've seen at LFS i havn't bought any others so still a newbie!
Whats tissue culture plants? I've seen pics but don't know any more!
Cheers

No problem

Sorry, I abbreviated Aquarium Gardens to AG -

https://www.aquariumgardens.co.uk/

You will see plants labelled as easy etc on the shop website.

Tissue culture plants, you’ve probably seen the small sealed pots that Tropica brand as 1-2 Grow pots. Loads of small plants grown in a lab so are guaranteed pest free. Aqua Flora sell them under the EcoScape name. You get loads of baby plants in a pot.

You've probably ordered already but if not I'd definitely recommend AG. Great shop and plants are always in fantastic condition

You've probably ordered already but if not I'd definitely recommend AG. Great shop and plants are always in fantastic condition
Second that, I will not buy from anyone else. Kept updated throughout the entire order, even in these challenging times.

You've probably ordered already
No not yet! New hardscape arrived today so i'll be doing an out of tank mock up soon to get a better idea of what i need so it wont be long now :)
I have had a look on AG website and its quite impressive but a lot of the plants are out of stock. When i've got my list together i'll get in touch with them and see what they say, i'd prefer to get everything from the same supplier and recieved all at the same time too then
Second that, I will not buy from anyone else. Kept updated throughout the entire order, even in these challenging times.
emoji106.png
Ok thanks, that's reassuring to know. Fingers crossed they can help

Cheers

No not yet! New hardscape arrived today so i'll be doing an out of tank mock up soon to get a better idea of what i need so it wont be long now :)
I have had a look on AG website and its quite impressive but a lot of the plants are out of stock. When i've got my list together i'll get in touch with them and see what they say, i'd prefer to get everything from the same supplier and recieved all at the same time too then

Ok thanks, that's reassuring to know. Fingers crossed they can help

Cheers

I suspect you're going to find similar right now. Tropica are based in Denmark, so anyone stocking their plants will have similar issues. They are other plants growers obviously

@Fisher2007 yeah true, perhaps i'll have to wait :thumbdown: Plants don't have to be specifically Tropica i just thought they'd be the best to start off with, i don't mind if they're from different suppliers as long as i get them from the same place to arrive at the same time!

Why no love for Aqua Essentials? Java Plants? Scaped Nature? Swell? birstall? Pro Shrimp?

Anyway, I've bought from the above, all plants arrived in very good condition - except Scaped nature, I was there in person.

Just a heads up, try and order via dpd whoever you go with, I've been waiting 2 weeks for my plants via royal mail 1-2 day delivery...

Aquarium gardens is the best IMO place your order with Dave or Steve then if plants are out of stock they will order them in foe you or advise you on something very similar and there always top quality o think every plant I have in all three tanks have come from AG wouldnt go any where else

Both our sponsors Aqua Essentials and Aquarium Gardens stock Tropica plants, always healthy plants and in some cases they even growm them before shipping out.

In some cases they grow them before shipping out?! Sorry what do you mean? Could i potentially receive seeds in the post :lol:
They receive them and keep them and grow them further :p so you get a much bigger plant than normal! :p

Back