• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

C02 bottle

Sprayman60

Hello

If I buy a used JBL bottle is there and expiration date for the c02 cylinders or is it just any obvious signs of damage?

In UK, pressurised cylinders should have a date of manufacture stamped on them. The lifetime before inspection & retest, at least for CO2 cylinders, is 10 years.

Hello, ,same there, I think it is international standard. Just be aware that nobody should accept to refill an expired cylinder, unless you have a new certificate, that means that the cylinder was tested by a certified company (I do not even want to know the price of the test, maybe better buy a new one). It is the same for fire extinguishers.

Last edited:
(I do not even want to know the price of the test, maybe better buy a new one). It is the same for fire extinguishers.
They don't normally retest fire extinguishers, as new are sufficiently cheap. They take expired ones (that haven't been sold to fish/plant keepers :confused:), empty out CO2, remove valve, sometimes cut off neck to prevent re-use and send to recylcing.

They don't normally retest fire extinguishers
Yes, you're 100% right :)
Apologize, my sentence was not precise enough, I meant "nobody should refill an expired extinguisher".

Back