• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

C02 Diffuser

Gang@Ukaps.

I am currently using a Dennerle Flipper for my co2 - the gas enters at the bottom and climbs a series of ladders, as it climbs the ladder the bubbles get smaller and at the top of the system there a collector at the top of the flipper to collect waste gases.

Dennerle Quote:
Mode of functioning: The CO2 supplied by the CO2 fertilizer system is released from the opening at the bottom of the Flipper. The CO2 bubbles then rise slowly along the channels in the Flipper. As the bubbles rise, the CO2 dissolves in the aquarium water - the bubbles thus become visibly smaller as they progress towards the surface of the water. Waste gases are separated from any residual CO2 in the collector and discharged automatically.

I would like some advise on changing to a new diffuser as this one is an eye sore - bit I don't know which one to buy, my tank is an Aqua one AR980 approx. 217 litres.

Regards
Paul.

Flyfisherman said:
...I would like some advise on changing to a new diffuser as this one is an eye sore - bit I don't know which one to buy, my tank is an Aqua one AR980 approx. 217 litres...
Hi,
Just about any diffuser will work. There are diffuser types for every budget as shown on this page: AE Diffuser Page

There are external diffusers as well as internal ones so the choice is yours as far as aesthetics and price. The external ones do a good job and removes any eyesore from inside the tank. Larger tanks do better with these, so I'd suggest externals for tank sizes of about 200L and up.

Cheers,

Back