• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

C02 Newbie Question

Gunner10

Good evening folks. I have installed an inline diffuser to inject c02 into the aquarium from the return pump in the sump ! My question is when I turn the pump off for 10 mins to feed , should I turn the co2 off ?
Thanks in advance.

Yes you need to turn it off if inline or CO2 will build up and push water out the pipes and depending if it can get back to the canister filter it will pressurise that tremendously. You want to ensure your Gas delivery lines have depressurised first before you stop flow from the filter.

:)

Yes you need to turn it off if inline or CO2 will build up and push water out the pipes and depending if it can get back to the canister filter it will pressurise that tremendously. You want to ensure your Gas delivery lines have depressurised first before you stop flow from the filter.

Morning. It's not on a canister filter! It's inline on a return pipe from the pump in a sump . So not under pressure as such . There will be no water in the return pipe as it would have flowed back into the sump !

Oh right okay that’s different then, no line pressurisation, leave it running, you’ll only waste a little gas depending how long the pumps off for, anything around 10mins I would leave it running, anything longer and I’d be inclined to turn it off to prevent excessive wastage (for the environments sake it’s always best to be a CO2 miser where you can).

My only input as I have a sumped system .. could you get a small amount of water go back up the CO2 line due to gravity when you turn pump off or is there a one way valve in there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only input as I have a sumped system .. could you get a small amount of water go back up the CO2 line due to gravity when you turn pump off or is there a one way valve in there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Rich
Yes mate it has a non return valve within the diffuser.

Attachments

• IMG_20220128_121804_resized_20220129_051037250.jpg
    IMG_20220128_121804_resized_20220129_051037250.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 92
Back