• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

C02 regulator making odd noise

Hi all,

This is the first time i have ever used c02 so im unsure what is happening here.

Has anyone seen this before? The c02 bottle is on a slant, could that be the reason?

Watch the video till the end, it does this every few minutes.

Thanks...

I’m no expert, and don’t claim to be! But sounds like what a pump sounds like? is it you mistaking a filter? An air stone? if it’s 100% the Reg, just be bloody careful!

Its the last second or so, watch the left gauge, the pressure spikes for half a second an makes a noise, i just don't know why or if this should be a concern, never used c02 before!.

It's a concern it's a high pressure system if it all works correctly it's perfectly safe but let's be honest here that is not right the pressure definitely rises even if it's only .5 of a second it shouldn't do it at all sorry. If that blows the canister will cut through more than you can imagine cause that is a boc gas bottle I've seen them go off and it is crazy

It don't see how it can be the bottle you open it gas comes out you close it gas stops coming out has to be the reg and that's the part that keeps the bottle safe
Cheers
Jay

Back