Cal Aqua Drop Checker

Peter F

I have just purchased a Cal Aqua drop checker, reference solution (4dkh) and indicator solution.
When I half fill the drop checker with ref solution and add 2-3 drops of idicator solution the miture turns Green.
Should this happen ? After one hour in the tank it is still Green.
From what I have read I expected it to turn Blue! As at this time the CO2 injection had only just switched on.

Please advise accordingly, your advice is appreciated.

Kindest regards: Peter

Themuleous

Humm sounds like something isn't right. As you say it should be blue to start with. Try washing the DC out with the 4dKH solution. I find this can help sometimes, esp if I've washing it out with tap water first. Also the DC will take a good few hours to show the CO2 level in the tank so give it time :)

Sam

davidcmadrid

Peter F said:
I have just purchased a Cal Aqua drop checker, reference solution (4dkh) and indicator solution.
When I half fill the drop checker with ref solution and add 2-3 drops of idicator solution the miture turns Green.
Should this happen ? After one hour in the tank it is still Green.
From what I have read I expected it to turn Blue! As at this time the CO2 injection had only just switched on.

Please advise accordingly, your advice is appreciated.

Kindest regards: Peter
When you say add to the " mixture " , just to confirm you are putting the reference in one chamber and the indicator in another ? No that should not happen the indicator solution should be blue.