• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cambomba

andy

An all time favourite which traditionally dies after a month usually due to insufficient light and CO2. But i really fancy having a go at this plant again especially now my light is at 2.5 wpg and i have good CO2.

Is it worth it ?....shall i give it a go ? any tips on success ?

Many thanks

Andy

i've always had good luck with this plant even in a tank with low light no co2 or ferts.

if you got good light co2 and ferts then a good trim often promotes growth and normally gets it growing rapily.

andy said:
An all time favourite which traditionally dies after a month usually due to insufficient light and CO2. But i really fancy having a go at this plant again especially now my light is at 2.5 wpg and i have good CO2.

Many thanks

Andy

ask if any bodies has any spare or go the LFS and buy some cheap and cheerful stuff and try it - one thing i have heard that the plant does not like its roots buried in the substrate - they say to lodge them under a rock or piece of wood.

Regards
Paul.

aaronnorth said:
I have grown it under 1.2wpg T5 & no CO2. in lower light the leaves tend to fall off easier.

thats what happens to mine in lower light :thumbdown:

andy said:

Many thanks

Andy

One of my all time favourites! The best species I've used is Cabomba piahyensis (Almost certainly NOT that species) or 'Yellow' cabomba which seemed to grow much slower and not race up for the light at 2WPG. 'Red' Cabomba was the trickiest I've tried, needing excellent ferts and superb lighting to stay compact. 'Green' species I have tried seems to be part way between the two.

Other than that plant carefully in the substrate, taking care not to damage or snap the stems and make sure you give a it a few brutal prunes once established to get it to bush out and form a real wall of stems.

Back