• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I actually think that this is a great set up, do not touch or change anything, just put your substrate in and plant, don't move anything at all, really like it.

I actually think that this is a great set up, do not touch or change anything, just put your substrate in and plant, don't move anything at all, really like it.

Thank you! Basically the main rock and the second rock are there, so I am just trying to play with the rock on the far right and the small ones.

I really want to use two substrate but still thinking if it will all be cohesive. Would like to hear your two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd really like to see this kept as is in regards to the positioning of the rock, add 1 substrate, plant 'Monte Carlo', would look great once all filled in and looking lush and green, add some shrimp, done.

Do you have photo shoot from front?? Your scape is nice

Just remember to consider the way plants grow in later.

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

I did some rescape with the help of wifey. Expain to her the flow of water and stuff and we came with this.
992b5ba6b563f2ff16a97c97cbe0de95.jpg

I'm loving it and it's an idea shared by my wife.

I think I will leave the idea of two substrate for now. All the plants I chose seem to be for advance, hopefully I can pull it through.

really like the scape from you & your wife
- it's great when your partner can be involved too :)

True. It's always feel good to know that she supports this hobby I am into especially now that I am going full blast will the equipment and stuff.

I think some easy care plants like 'Monte Carlo' and Hygro 'japan' would be really nice in this set up, again great work with the arrangement of stones, wouldn't change it.

Thank you for the suggested plants, however I already purchased plants during my shopping. Will definitely consider them in the future.

This is my initial plan for the plants. I only got an idea of this from youtube videos and websites but haven't seen them in actual tanks how they really flourish. Please advise how to make it better using the three plants.

I have them in cultured cups.
2-littorella uniflora
2-hemianthus callitrichoides
1-eliochair acicularis mini

planting.JPG

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the selection of plants I don't think, I'm not real educated with these mind you, but what you have selected would really suit the lay out, done well, are you going to run CO2? Might be worth seriously looking into to get the best out of this tank with those plants, also strong lighting.

Hit @rebel and @Dantrasy up, both are pretty switched on.

He already bought co2 system.
Hairgrass kind of invasive and will gradually replace hc. But I never have the chance to try out these two in person and deal with the growth pattern of both together.

I have the below kit ready :

UP A-138 CO2 CYLINDER 1L
INTENSE Precision CO2 atomizer
INTENSE precision aluminum mechanical stop valve bubble counter
Intense straight cylindrical bottle with a pressure reducer valve IT-88206

A-138.JPG
atomizer.JPG
bubble counter.JPG
Intense straight cylindrical bottle.JPG

Can you please advise the duration per day on how will I set the timer and bps for the Co2 ?(With the plants and my tank (61x20x30cm).

As for the lighting, I have AQUAWORKS TRU-LED 4 WATERPROOF WHITE LED LIGHT 58cm.

-Size(approx.): 6 x 58cm(L)
-Voltage: 24V
-Waterproof
-Compact design
-Energy saving
-Suitable for 60-70cm freshwater or saltwater aquarium

light.JPG

I do not really have an idea if I can categorized this as strong lighting, but it does pretty light up the tank well enough.

He already bought co2 system.
Hairgrass kind of invasive and will gradually replace hc. But I never have the chance to try out these two in person and deal with the growth pattern of both together.

I thought so as well, that is why I try to put them near the wall and try to make the stones as border.

The most accurate way is using par meter to measure the light. You can try to ask lfs. If they don't have par meter another way is to use lux meter installed in your smartphone which will give relatively accurate result.
Example, my tank is using led with bulb similar to yours. It is 28watt and when I measure it with lux meter from 30 CM away (bottom of my tank ) it yield 4500 lux, with this light i can only barely keep my hc alive and glosso crawling across substrates.
I tested it with Ada led light it gives 8000-9000 Lux reading.

Maybe you can try it out? At least it is free and can give figure as reference.

44899ebd97ff01763c46f214b659c5b6.jpg

The most accurate way is using par meter to measure the light. You can try to ask lfs. If they don't have par meter another way is to use lux meter installed in your smartphone which will give relatively accurate result.
Example, my tank is using led with bulb similar to yours. It is 28watt and when I measure it with lux meter from 30 CM away (bottom of my tank ) it yield 4500 lux, with this light i can only barely keep my hc alive and glosso crawling across substrates.
I tested it with Ada led light it gives 8000-9000 Lux reading.

Maybe you can try it out? At least it is free and can give figure as reference.

View attachment 94970

Wow, thanks for the info about lighting! Never really have any idea bout this. Tried downloading some apps in my phone and will definitely test it later when i come home from work. Hopefully I can finalized my hardscape and start planting later.

I am ready to fail with the plants given my current experience and knowledge, but with people in the forum giving help, I am able to minimize and learn my lesson in advance.

Wow, thanks for the info about lighting! Never really have any idea bout this. Tried downloading some apps in my phone and will definitely test it later when i come home from work. Hopefully I can finalized my hardscape and start planting later.

I am ready to fail with the plants given my current experience and knowledge, but with people in the forum giving help, I am able to minimize and learn my lesson in advance.
If I can get my hands on par meter and various lighting system. I might create a comparison chart.

Really liking your plans. The scape looks very impressive for your first time!

Go forth and enjoy!

Really liking your plans. The scape looks very impressive for your first time!

Go forth and enjoy!

Thank you. It's not my first time to get a pet fish but it's just now that I came to realize all the technicalities and stuff about this hobby. The more reading, watching videos and checking forums made me gain a different perspective about it. I hope I can really pull this off as I love gardening and fishes and if the plants do well, it will be a two birds and one stone hit!

Thank you. It's not my first time to get a pet fish but it's just now that I came to realize all the technicalities and stuff about this hobby. The more reading, watching videos and checking forums made me gain a different perspective about it. I hope I can really pull this off as I love gardening and fishes and if the plants do well, it will be a two birds and one stone hit!
Yup, same to me, I rather watch my tank and fish for hours. You have a good start, hope you can keep them well.
Hint: algae algae algae
Ferts ferts ferts
Water change
High quality food etc

Welcome to hell of algae(just kidding)

Back