• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can’t seem to get rid of this algae

Perchy

Seedling
Hi, I have this black spot type algae which covers my anubias and hardscape etc, tried spot dosing with excel but this didn’t seem to make a difference. Wondering how I should control it. It’s been around for 8-12 months almost now.

Tank specifications - 300l with 50-60l sump
Lighting - Finnex 24/7 but the new one with custom lighting settings. I have it set to ramp up to full at about 10-11 and get start getting dark at 6-7ish but doing both of these over the course of several hours.
CO2 - None anymore, it began when I was running high tech.
Filtration - Sump with 1500ish lph and a second hand fluval 406
Fertilisation regime, ei but I’ve been kind of slack the past 3 months as I lost motivation. Keen to get started with it all again and get this algae under control.
upload_2019-10-18_8-54-49.png

Sorry was trying to upload them on my phone as you replied haha, they should be there now I think?

Okay cool. Definitely a good idea for me to reduce lighting. I think it actually started before I stopped CO2.
I am going to do frequent water changes and spray the leaves etc with flourish excel to try temporarily reduce the algae too. will reduce EI as well.

Back