• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can any ID these?

CrazyCory42

0A1BC9B2-CD07-4C02-A9DB-9A8BB2D9401A.jpeg

So recently I’ve started to noticed these little jelly like things on my aquariums glass and plants. I figured they were probably snail eggs, only thing is there are multiple different sizes of them and I only have 1 assassin snail. I looked up assassin snail eggs and these things don’t look square enough for that. They are perfectly oval with a yellowish centre and a brown dot. The picture is off some of the bigger ones but some are as small as pin pricks. They also move around very slowly across the glass. I’m so confused 😅

Tank Specs:
100L tank (36”L x 12”D x 15”H)
Heated 24 - 25C
EF-250 All Pond Solutions external filter
50% weekly water change (seachem prime)

Stocking:
6 harlequin Rasboras
2 honey gourami
8 false julii corys
1 pepper cory
3 bronze corys
1 unknown cory
50 something RCS
6 amano shrimp
1 assassin snail

Water quality (tested with API master test kit):
Ammonia 0
NO3 40 (Tap water sits at 40ppm)
NO2 0
GH 8
KH 6
pH 7.2
CI2 0

No worries I think the mystery is solved. I’m 99% certain that they’re fresh water limpets. Not sure how on Earth they got into the tank because it been months since I added anything new and is only the past week that I’ve noticed them.

I like them too. They will probably have come in on plants. They may have been present as eggs or in small numbers so you won't necessarily notice them until they proliferate.

Back