• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can anyone identify this fern please?

naughtymoose

Bought at Swallow Aquatics near Rayleigh
17205239980_f81728036f_c.jpg

Looks like Trichomanes javanicum, from Borneo.. Nice one. :)

Hi Sorry cannot name the plant :( Its a fern type plant but not an Aquatic plant will die back and rot in a couple of weeks :(:( Lots of LFS sell this plant with a lump of lead round the stems ????

Hope i am wrong and it grows well Looks great :thumbup:

Thanks all. I was assured that it was fully aquatic, even though I suspected otherwise. I bought it because it looked rather lovely, and was told it would be easy to care for! Having made a point of asking the correct questions I shall be returning to the shop and giving them 'What for!' I shall report back with the results.

I've been considering planting up a terrarium; I suppose it would be fine for that. However, I'm not ready

Last edited:
That Javanicum is also sometimes offered as an aquatic. :(.. That way you now in which shops you shouldn't ask questions. The chance they know zip and only answer in their own favour is 99%.
Like the Spathyfillum, grown by Denerle, is in their catalog listed as terrarium plant and in a lot aquarium shops offered as an aquatic.

But i would like to have a fern like that, they are rarely in the shops. :)

Hahaha great idea, why did i never think of that!! So simple.. I always used to do it with freezer bags and satay stick to make it not fall over.

I do the same, Darrel ( but must admit Coca Cola sponsor mine ;) ). The screw-lid makes ventilating so easy.......

Back