• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can anyone pls help me identify what this is

rusticdr

This s from my 4 g nano rcs shrimp only planted tank. I started noticing these egg like structures on the glass. They seem to have increased. Any idea what they might be?
b85c1a1326b37ae942fd645ee42c729e.jpg
aa258c7f9e987d8fbc78f272e41dbb3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

They are Ostracod aka seed shrimp. Totally harmless and actually beneficial to a planted aquarium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,
I started noticing these egg like structures on the glass. They seem to have increased. Any idea what they might be?
I don't think they are Ostracods, assuming they don't move about?

If they are stationary, they are the <"Freshwater Limpet (Acroloxus lacustris)">. I've got them, and I think they arrived with some moss that I collected. They are entirely harmless.

cheers Darrel

Hi
They are quite harmless.Havent had them in ages.If anyone has the patience to pick them out and post them on my expence Pm me my puffers will be happy
Regards Konsa

True. If you have Amano, I'm 90% sure they'll happily pick away at them if left hungry. Likewise any hungry enough aggressive fish like my German Blue Rams would no doubt colour right up with those around to chomp at!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They may be limpets as dw1305 suggested. But I cannot say for sure whether they r ostracods or limpets based on pics. Anyway looks like both r not reasons to get alarmed. I was worried whether they be some sort of parasite. Anyway a big thanks to all of u for ur kind response.. Very very helpful as always.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Back