Can Bromothymol Blue cause me any problems?

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by chris1004, 2 Aug 2009.

1. chris1004

chris1004 Member

Hi,

Been having a problem with my drop checker wherby it dislodges from the glass and empties the contents into the tank. Is the bromothymol blue harmfull to fish or fauna and if so in what sort of quantities?

This has happened twice since yesterdays tank maintenance. As I use 4 drops in my DC, 8 drops have been put into my tank water (250Litre) in the last 24 hours. Should this be any cause for concern?

Also does anyone know where I can get replacement rubber suckers for the JBL permanant co2 test set?

Regards, Chris.

2. squiggley

squiggley Member

I've never had any problems when it happened to me. My Jbl one often comes unstuck 1st time after changing the solution on a water change

3. CeeJay

CeeJay Member

Hi chris1004
    This has happened to me (more than once) on a 180l :oops: and I've seen no ill effects.
    I shouldn't think it does the fish any good but hey, our water changes are huge anyway so I should think the risk is much reduced in a planted tank.

Chris

4. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

I would think on anything but the smallest nano the dilution of a few drops of it into a much large volume of tank water would mean it wouldn't be problem.

Sam