• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can Bromothymol Blue cause me any problems?

chris1004

Hi,

Been having a problem with my drop checker wherby it dislodges from the glass and empties the contents into the tank. Is the bromothymol blue harmfull to fish or fauna and if so in what sort of quantities?

This has happened twice since yesterdays tank maintenance. As I use 4 drops in my DC, 8 drops have been put into my tank water (250Litre) in the last 24 hours. Should this be any cause for concern?

Also does anyone know where I can get replacement rubber suckers for the JBL permanant co2 test set?

Regards, Chris.

I've never had any problems when it happened to me. My Jbl one often comes unstuck 1st time after changing the solution on a water change

Hi chris1004
This has happened to me (more than once) on a 180l :oops: and I've seen no ill effects.
I shouldn't think it does the fish any good but hey, our water changes are huge anyway so I should think the risk is much reduced in a planted tank.

Chris

Back