• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can I add snails into my tank at this stage?

CheckeredRust

Hi all, I'm 19 days into a new planted tank. As I was following the guidance from this forum, I plan to introduce the cherry shrimps into this tank only at week 6.

However as of past few days, I have noticed algae growing on the rocks. And only moments ago, I saw some green algae growing on the glass as well, they look like spots of green algae.

Just wondering if at this stage, could I possibly introduce some nerite snails into the tank?

Probably not Nerites, but I wouldn't say no to some Ramshorn snails, Planorbella duryi?

Probably not Nerites, but I wouldn't say no to some Ramshorn snails, Planorbella duryi?
Why not nerites actually? I read that some species of snails reproduce too quickly, and it will be hassle to deal with the overpopulation later on

Yeah tricky to pick the right snails but Nerites are sensitive. Snail populations can really easily be controlled once their food source runs out.

I’d go with a couple of Ramshorns. Plus they’re really quite cool snails.

Back