• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can I give my Oto's a luxury holiday?

LancsRick

Partly because I like the fellas, but also because I'm giving my nano a damn good clean at the weekend because it's got plenty of algae in there. Given that the Otos have cleaned my main tank so well that they're existing on just cucumber and algae wafers, I was wondering about treating them. That said, despite both tanks being established and disease free, there's a voice in my head saying that change of environment for the sake of a week or so is cruel on the fish.

In short, I'm not going to do it unless there's an overwhelming voice of opinion in this thread that there's no harm, since I suspect there is..

Opinions please!

As long as the water params are the same you'll be fine, and they'll love it!
If you want to supplement their diet you can grow algae on rocks in a small tank on your windowsill, then place them in to be devoured :)

transfer them without exposing them to the air for best results. A holiday sounds good to me.

darren636 said:
transfer them without exposing them to the air for best results. A holiday sounds good to me.

Thats an interesting suggestion that I have never heard before, and it makes perfect sense ! :thumbup:

Back