can i keep gobies?

Discussion in 'Fish' started by Ben M, 14 Mar 2010.

1. Ben M

Ben M Member

hi, i have been looking at keeping gobies for a while, and reading andyh's thread about his gobies, i want some even more. but would any species be ok in a 4ft 216l, planted community, with 4 kribs, 5 SAE's, 20 copper harlequins, 12 otocinclus, 12 corries ( not sure if i can get any yet, i'll have to get rid of the kribs first), and a load of cherry shrimp? also, about how much do they cost, and are there any stores near Beverley/Hull that sell them? and which species would be best in my tank? i like the red ones and the blue neon ones. would it be ok to feed them algae wafers, and do they need any supplements? and am i right in thinking that they grow to about 5 cm?

cheers :D

2. Ben M

Ben M Member

any thoughts?

3. alzak

alzak Member

I just bought some and they looks fine with silver tip tetras,neons,danios and gold siamese algae eater so far I will use them in my new set up as they are the best fish so far for me great to watch

for now I do not seen them a lot as I have them for 4 days buy looks like they need just some time

I just bought some hikari wafers for them

looks like you need to buy few as they keep together in my tank

also You need a tank cover as they like jumping out of tank

4. andyh

andyh Member

5. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Are any of your fish aggressive? If not, it's likely that you'll have no issues :) My only question mark would be the kribs, but I've not kept kribs before, so I have no idea how they behave.

6. Ben M

Ben M Member

thanks for all the replies. the kribs are quite aggressive, but i am soon going to replace them with corries, so that should be fine.