• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

can i keep gobies?

Ben M

hi, i have been looking at keeping gobies for a while, and reading andyh's thread about his gobies, i want some even more. but would any species be ok in a 4ft 216l, planted community, with 4 kribs, 5 SAE's, 20 copper harlequins, 12 otocinclus, 12 corries ( not sure if i can get any yet, i'll have to get rid of the kribs first), and a load of cherry shrimp? also, about how much do they cost, and are there any stores near Beverley/Hull that sell them? and which species would be best in my tank? i like the red ones and the blue neon ones. would it be ok to feed them algae wafers, and do they need any supplements? and am i right in thinking that they grow to about 5 cm?

cheers :D

I just bought some and they looks fine with silver tip tetras,neons,danios and gold siamese algae eater so far I will use them in my new set up as they are the best fish so far for me great to watch

for now I do not seen them a lot as I have them for 4 days buy looks like they need just some time

I just bought some hikari wafers for them

looks like you need to buy few as they keep together in my tank

also You need a tank cover as they like jumping out of tank

Are any of your fish aggressive? If not, it's likely that you'll have no issues :) My only question mark would be the kribs, but I've not kept kribs before, so I have no idea how they behave.

thanks for all the replies. the kribs are quite aggressive, but i am soon going to replace them with corries, so that should be fine.

cheers :D

Back