• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Can I remove cling film?

Aqua360

Hi all

I've had this dennerle 10l cube growing emersed for a good while now, at least 6 months; but it's always had cling film over it.

Given the time scale and growth from pictures, is this worth the risk to start acclimating without a cover?

If yes, I'm assuming the consensus will be to do so slowly, uncovering a bit per day/week, but open to opinions?

It's Monte Carlo, staurogyne repens and Xmas moss.
IMG_20200315_101330.jpg
IMG_20200315_101341.jpg

Zeus.

Fertz Calc Meister
or get a glass lid.

I lose much less water in my tanks with glass lids fitted, the gaps just allow better gas exchange, in your case better 'free' CO2 supply, but take it slow

Aqua360

Thanks guys, can't be bothered flooding so I guess it's cling film until that time!

GrowPod

When removing lid have only had good success with Hygrophila sp so far. But I do spray them everyday.

vauxhallmark

Looks lovely.

What is the light? Is it only 20cm long??

Mark

Hi all

I've had this dennerle 10l cube growing emersed for a good while now, at least 6 months; but it's always had cling film over it.

Given the time scale and growth from pictures, is this worth the risk to start acclimating without a cover?

If yes, I'm assuming the consensus will be to do so slowly, uncovering a bit per day/week, but open to opinions?

It's Monte Carlo, staurogyne repens and Xmas moss.
View attachment 132424 View attachment 132425