• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can I remove cling film?

Aqua360

Hi all

I've had this dennerle 10l cube growing emersed for a good while now, at least 6 months; but it's always had cling film over it.

Given the time scale and growth from pictures, is this worth the risk to start acclimating without a cover?

If yes, I'm assuming the consensus will be to do so slowly, uncovering a bit per day/week, but open to opinions?

It's Monte Carlo, staurogyne repens and Xmas moss.
IMG_20200315_101330.jpg
IMG_20200315_101341.jpg

Hi all,
air filled or water filled? I have never had any success without very high humidity.
Assuming you aren't going to flood it?
I'm assuming the consensus will be to do so slowly, uncovering a bit per day/week, but open to opinions?
Leave it covered, or get a glass lid.

cheers Darrel

Thanks guys, can't be bothered flooding so I guess it's cling film until that time!

When removing lid have only had good success with Hygrophila sp so far. But I do spray them everyday.

Looks lovely.

What is the light? Is it only 20cm long??

Mark

Hi all

I've had this dennerle 10l cube growing emersed for a good while now, at least 6 months; but it's always had cling film over it.

Given the time scale and growth from pictures, is this worth the risk to start acclimating without a cover?

If yes, I'm assuming the consensus will be to do so slowly, uncovering a bit per day/week, but open to opinions?

It's Monte Carlo, staurogyne repens and Xmas moss.
View attachment 132424 View attachment 132425

Back